Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Sad State of Affairs" Bee Crisis photo


At first wanting to capture flower images to paint I began shooting roses late on a summer’s day.  A bee happened along and I happily discovered that it added great interest to the shot.  From then on I was hooked. Amazed by the variety in colors and shapes of  bees, I began shooting more and researching them.  I was appalled to learn that one-third of the bee colonies were dying and that one-third of the food we eat needs bees to pollinate. Enthralled by their beauty and wanting to help spread the word about the bee crisis, I began painting a series of oils featuring bees.  I continue to photograph them for future paintings and for the sheer joy of watching them.  I hope my images draw attention to the dying bees and bring about some positive action in solving the problem.  "Sad State of Affairs"  photo
Haagen Dazs has a wonderful website that explains the problem and urges action.  http://www.helpthehoneybees.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment